An apprenticeship can offer the best of both worlds – here are some of the benefits of choosing an apprenticeship:
- No tuition fees – these are paid by your employer and/or the government, so there is no expense for you.
- Full–time employment - you will be earning a wage throughout your apprenticeship.
- Tailored course – study subjects that relate directly to your job role
- Learn new skills-and achieve a nationally recognised qualification
- Work experience – you are gaining valuable work experience alongside studying,
Studying as an apprentice is not an easy option – you have to balance your university workload with a full-time job. Nevertheless an apprenticeship can be a great opportunity if you are looking to combine work with study.You are entitled to paid time off to attend university, typically one day a week, this will be decided by your employer.
As a student on a Degree Apprenticeship you are also entitled to all the benefits of being a student at the University of Winchester – membership of the Student Union, access to our Student Services Department, Sports Facilities and our 24-hour Library, to name just a few.
The next step?
Visit our How to Apply page
Courses on Offer: