How do I apply for a Clearing place?
We'd love to welcome you to our beautiful campus where you'll be part of a friendly, caring community. If you'd like to apply through Clearing, then find out more about what happens next and how we can help.
Call the University of Winchester’s Clearing Helpline
+44 (0) 1962 827234
Our friendly advisors will discuss what courses are available with you and guide you through the entire Clearing process. If we are able to make you a provisional offer to study here you can apply straight away through UCAS.
If we’ve made you a provisional offer to study then you can apply straight way through UCAS Clearing
How to apply through UCAS Clearing
- Add us as your Clearing choice on UCAS Track (institution code: W76) with the course details - ask us for the course code if you are not sure.
- We will confirm your offer via UCAS Track and it will show as 'Placed' on the choices page of your account. UCAS will then send you an on-line confirmation on Track, and we will send you a confirmation letter and Welcome Pack by post.
- Look at your accommodation options - you should apply as soon as possible after receiving your offer. Our accommodation information can be found here
- Explore our scholarships and bursaries. You could be eligible for an Academic Achievement Award, or one of our Music, Sports, or Modern Liberal Arts Scholarships. For more information, click here
- You may need to make changes to your Student Finance application to reflect your change of course or university.
- If you're an International student please contact us on +44 (0) 1962 827489 or email David.Street@winchester.ac.uk
We understand there is a lot to think about once you've got your place through Clearing, so we would advise you to put finance near the top of your list and log into your student finance account here and change your course to the new programme of study. It could take at least six weeks for Student Finance England (SFE) to process your application, but they will do an initial assessment so you have some money as close to the start of your course as possible. If you haven't applied for student finance yet, then you should apply now and again all that information will be available on the SFE website.
For more information about student finance and our bursaries and scholarships, visit our Students and Money section.
When you get hereOur Induction Week and Freshers Fortnight starts on 18 September. There's plenty going on and when you arrive at the University you'll be given an Entertainments Schedule outlining all the events taking place during your first two weeks at Winchester.
Freshers' Fortnight is your chance to get involved, socialise and find out what your Union will provide for you!
For more information, visit our Student Union site or click on the emoji below.
The Freshers' Crew is on hand to guide you through two non-stop weeks of activities and events, supplied by your union and to answer any questions you may have.
Our Freshers' Fayre usually takes place at the end of week one and is held on the main campus, where you can sign up for sports and societies, as well as meeting lots of local organisations (and get lots of free goodies).
Find out more about our award-winning Student Union here
Any other questions?
We hope this answers some of your questions – but we have staff on hand over the Clearing period to answer any other questions you may have and help you through the process. You can contact us at the Clearing Helpline + 44 (0) 1962 827234 or send us a message.