TESTA has enabled many programme teams to rethink programme assesment patterns in relation to the following key areas:
- balancing assessment for measuring & assessment for learning (summative/formative)
- creating cycles of feedback feeding forward across tasks and modules
- developing more challenging tasks which integrate learning from different modules
- encouraging students to distribute effort and spend more 'time on task'
- streamlining and sequencing varieties of assessment across the programme
- calibrating marking standards through collaboration
- developing students' capacities to evaluate their own and others' work
- challenging solo and silo approaches to curriculum development.