The team provide information, advice and assistance for disabled students, disabled applicants and University staff working with and for disabled students and applicants.
If you are not sure whether our Service might be of use to you, then please contact us to find out.
Some of what we do:
- Provide a range of confidential services for disabled students and staff, including those with physical and sensory impairments, medical conditions, mental health difficulties and specific learning differences such as dyslexia.
- Provide information and guidance for disabled applicants.
- Provide assistance in accessing the Disabled Students' Allowance or similar funds for equipment and other help needed for study.
- Liaison with other agencies who can provide the sorts of assistance students might need, such as Hampshire Autistic Society or Mobility and Orientation Trainers.
- Help with arranging assessments, such as dyslexia assessments, where these are needed to support applications for assistance.
- Support in setting up appropriate exam arrangements where students might need, for example, additional writing time or rest breaks.
- Offer staff training opportunities on disability awareness issues.
- Provide assistance and advice to academic staff on how to provide an inclusive learning environment for students and guidance for all staff on how to create an inclusive working environment.