175 Anniversary Scholarship
With a Masters degree you can expect to earn on average £5,500 more a year – or £200,000 over a 40 year working life – than someone only holding a Bachelor's degree*.
We are passionate about giving all our students the best opportunities to succeed in life after leaving University. If you are graduating from the University of Winchester in 2017, the 175 Anniversary Scholarship will give you 50% off tuition fees of most of our full-time Masters programmes starting in September 2017 (see list of available courses below).
Who is eligible for the 175 Anniversary Scholarship?
The 175 Anniversary Scholarship is open to University of Winchester students who were studying during our celebratory year and are due to graduate in 2017. You must be successfully accepted onto a participating full-time Masters at the University of Winchester starting in September 2017 only.
Many of our courses do not require undergraduate degrees in the same subject – providing you with the opportunity to change your career focus and try something new.
The Scholarship is subject to students being accepted onto the programme in 2017 and programme availability. Any student in receipt of a 175 Anniversary Scholarship will not be eligible for any other University scholarships.
What Masters programmes are available for this offer?
- Accounting and Finance, MSc
- Animal Welfare Science, Ethics and Law, MSc
- Applied Criminology, MSc
- Applied Global Practice (Management), MA
- Applied Global Practice (Management), MSc
- Applied Sport and Exercise Science, MSc
- Archaeology, MRes
- Creative and Critical Writing, MA
- Cultural and Arts Management, MA
- Cultural Heritage and Resource Management, MA
- Death, Religion and Culture, MA
- Digital Marketing and Analytics, MSc
- Digital Media Practice, MA
- Digital Media Practice: Advertising, Marketing & Branding Design, MA
- Digital Media Practice:Design Thinking, MA
- Digital Media Practice: Interaction Design, MA
- Digital Media Practice: Motion Graphics,MA
- Digital Media Practice: Visualisation, MA
- English Literature, MA
- History, MA
- Human Osteology and Funerary Studies, MSc
- International Business, MSc
- International Fashion Marketing, MSc
- Marketing Innovation, MSc
- Philosophy of Education, MA
- Project Management, MSc
- Reconciliation and Peacebuilding, MA
- Reconciliation, MA
- Social Research in Education, MRes
- Sport and Exercise Psychology, MSc
- Writing for Children, MA
How do students apply for the Scholarship?
Students apply for their chosen programme on the UCAS postgraduate website: www.ucas.com/postgraduate. The deadline to apply for postgraduate programmes is 30 September 2017.
The Scholarship will be automatically applied when you are accepted onto the programme, you do not need to apply for it separately. Students accepted onto programmes at the University of Winchester will be invoiced by our finance department with the 50% Scholarship taken off the cost of the Masters.
Do other alumni bursaries still apply?
The existing Alumni Masters Scholarship, available to students who have previously graduated from the University, will still be running. You may be eligible for a 50% or 20% discount – find out more atwww.winchester.ac.uk/alumnischolarship
*Research undertaken by the Sutton Trust, The Postgraduate Premium