We believe that education must be a force for opportunity and social justice, not for the entrenchment of privilege. The following is only available for taught Masters programmes.
Open to: UK students
Criteria: Various – see below
Value: 20% discount on tuition fees
Access agreement*: No
Exclusions: Cannot receive both Alumni Scholarship & PASS; PGCE, GDP, Step Up to Social Work, PGDip, NHS funded MSc Social Work Integrated Masters not eligible. Self-funding students only.
How to apply: Applicants must first have received a conditional or unconditional offer of a place on a postgraduate programme of study before filling in the online application form.
To be eligible you must fulfill at least one of the following criteria:
- Previously been in receipt of Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA) or registered disabled
- Spent time in the care of a local authority as a child or young person
- Be a carer for a family member with long-term ill-health or disability
- Be currently receiving any form of means-tested state benefit e.g. Housing Benefit, Income Support
We also offer the Postgraduate Access Scholarship to:
- Those who have served in the British Armed Forces, either as a regular or reservist
- spouses/civil partners of those who have served in the Armed Forces, either as a regular or reservist within the past five years
- children, aged 30 or under, of those who have served in the Armed Forces, either as a regular or reservist
Filling in the Application Form
Please save your application form using the following format before submitting:
Surname, Forename Student Number PASS Application
e.g. Bloggs, Joe 0123456 PASS Application
The closing date for completed applications and supporting evidence is Friday, 29th July 2016.
Please submit your form to email@example.com or email if you are unable to access the application form.
Back to Postgraduate Bursaries, Scholarships and Awards