“BREEAM sets the standard for best practice in sustainable building design, construction and operation and has become one of the most comprehensive and widely recognised measures of a building's environmental performance.”
For more information visit: www.breeam.org
To achieve its BREEAM Excellence rating various environmental and ecological considerations have been implemented at every stage of the buildings design, construction, and maintenance. These include:
- A natural ventilation system facilitated by precast cooling floor slabs, curtain walling and rain-screen panelling that all help to regulate the internal building temperature and reduce carbon emissions.
- A Building Management System that enables effective control and monitoring of energy use levels.
- A leak detection system combined with dual and low flush toilets, automatic shut off low water use taps, and motion detector sanitary water valves to reduce water consumption and usage.
- Passive infrared sensors (PIR) to automatically monitor room usage and switch lights and fans on and off accordingly.
- A ‘Green roof’ with a blanket of wildflowers to help increase biodiversity, assist with insulating, and decrease the impact of heavy rainfall.
- Brise Soleil treated external wood panelling and window blinds to reduce glare and heat gain.
- Segregated bins that optimise the amount of waste recycled.