We do this through a variety of outreach events which aim to:
- Raise awareness of additional support available in higher education for students with disabilities (academic and financial)
- Enable disabled students to experience a university campus
- Provide opportunities to meet current University students, including those with disabilities
- Offer relevant information to teachers, family and carers of disabled students
The Widening Participation Team has developed tailor-made events in partnership with a range of organisations, for example:
- Grateley House School
- Mary Hare School
- ASD Resource, Romsey School
- Basingstoke Consortium
- Basingstoke College of Technology
- Leigh House
We also have a long standing link with Treloar College and support their transition to higher education days.
We work closely with the University's Wellbeing Team and with the other three universities in Hampshire on collaborative events. To find out more about the University's Disability and Learning Diversity Team - follow this link.