It is intended that this Wider Information Set will:
- inform the public about the quality of higher education and, in particular, help provide potential students with information that will help them make a choice about what and where to study;
- help provide evidence to contribute to the quality assurance processes in institutions;
- help provide information that institutions can use to enhance the quality of their higher education provision.
It is categorised in three ways as follows:
- publicly available information;
- information available internally only, for students and staff;
- information available on request.