Access new staff in a very cost effective way - Utilize the skills and academic knowledge which undergraduate students possess and gain a fresh perspective on current practice.
You gain an extra member of staff with the most up to date knowledge, but without the commitment of permanent employment. Our programmes are designed with businesses in mind, so our students are taught the knowledge and skills to get ahead in the real world.
Enthusiastic 'Project Managers' " Recruit Staff for a Short Term Project
If you have a particular project in mind, but don't have the resources to carry it out, a student could be brought in specifically to undertake this role. You'll get someone enthusiastic and motivated to complete the project but without employing extra staff.
Access to additional vital resource
You will develop links with the Winchester Business School and your placement student will have access to all the university's facilities.
Having a student placement to motivate and mentor contributes to the professional development of your staff. (and could support your staff in completion of the UoW Coaching and Mentoring Certificate
- Grow your future graduate workforce
- Establishing links with the University of Winchester could lead to other schemes that can benefit your business, such as staff exchanges, short courses and consultancy projects.
- Participate in and influence the educational process
Assist in producing high caliber personnel with the necessary skills and knowledge for an increasingly competitive market
By accepting a student placement, your business will play an essential part in supporting the training and development of a student before they start out in the business world.
Employees of tomorrow
Employing a student also gives you the chance to:
- get a 'first look' at future graduates.
- continue to employ your placement student part-time during their final year of study
- permanently employ your placement student after graduation