After joining the PRME, the Winchester Business School has revised its approach to education and leadership and its mission now reflects the principles of responsible management education.
Winchester Business School Mission Statement
The mission of the Winchester Business School is to develop responsible business leaders. Our graduates seek to have a positive impact on the society and the organisations to which they belong through their quest for achieving collective good alongside sustainable profits. We firmly embed the core values of the university in our teaching, research and knowledge exchange activities including freedom, truth, acceptance of diversity and faiths, individual well-being, entrepreneurship, creativity and innovation.
The school aims to incorporate PRME in various aspects of its operations through achieving the following objectives:
- Exchange of knowledge The School has initiated the E-network, which encourages students, academics and the local business community to explore collaborative opportunities through a series of monthly meetings. E-network plans to incorporate principles of responsible management in its activities and innovate on issues of sustainability within dedicated social learning spaces.
- Innovative learning The School is aiming to improve business and management education by updating the curriculum to reflect the School's commitment to responsible management education; bringing students closer to business practice through engaging with the business community; and encourage learning through use of interactive and collaborative technologies.
- Internationalisation The School warmly welcomes students from different continents.They make a vital contribution to the University and the diversity of Winchester as a city. Winchester seeks to widen its links with universities and organisations across the globe for learning, innovation and exchange.
- Excellence in education The School aims to excel in teaching with faculty members who are recognised as quality providers of business education. It is dedicated to upholding positive learning experiences and enhancing student satisfaction. Personal development is embedded in our curriculum. We encourage student learning, achievement and support their future endeavours.
- Research and practice The School is proud to host the Hoare Centre for Responsible Management that aims to develop responsible leaders, organisations and communities through research, training and outreach.