Based in the Department of Sport and Exercise, SERC has research links with a range of profession teams, public bodies, and universities both nationally and internationally.
The Centre acts as a research hub for the Department of Sport and Exercise and a home for research students.
to foster an international reputation for excellence in research, learning and consultancy.
SERC aims to:
- Promote contemporary research in the area of sport and exercise
- Provide a focus and identity for research in sport and exercise
- Provide an academic home for research students in sport and exercise and promote research degree opportunities
- Exploit potential to bid for funding for research in exercise and sport
- Embed research activity within the Department of Sport and Exercise and beyond
- Provide a point of contact for external collaborators, and develop a network of associated staff
As a result of the diverse nature of the topics, the activities in SERC currently cohere around five main strands of activity:
Research degree opportunities
The centre offers, on a competitive basis, MPhil/PhD programmes to highly qualified individuals with a keen interest in the research topics above, which can be self-funded or supported via fully and match-funded scholarships. Students are able to study part-time or full-time in a range of areas and are supported by expert academic staff.