Application should be made via the UCAS teacher training site http://www.ucas.com/apply/teacher-training
You can apply for a School Direct place to more than one school, and also for other routes into teaching, such as our PGCE programmes.
Statutory minimum entry requirements for teacher training:
Prior to starting a teacher training course, all candidates must have:
- achieved a standard equivalent to a grade C in the GCSE examination in mathematics.
- achieved a standard equivalent to a grade C in the GCSE examination in English Language.
- achieved a standard equivalent to a grade C in the GCSE examination in a science subject if applying to teach at Primary level.
- a degree of a UK higher education institution or equivalent qualification. It is a requirement that candidates seeking a funded place will have achieved an Honours degree at 2:2 or higher.
Please note that many Level 2 qualifications (including Numeracy and Adult Literacy) cannot be considered as equivalent as these qualifications do not cover the breadth of syllabus required.
If any of your qualifications were obtained overseas, you must contact NARIC (www.naric.org.uk) and obtain a statement confirming the equivalency of the qualification(s).
In addition, all those applying for teacher training must:
- Show that they can communicate effectively in both spoken and written English.
- If accepted, obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure and any other required clearances and complete DfE provisional registration requirements.
- Meet the requirements for 'physical and mental fitness to teach'.
Schools that wish to arrange further discussions before registering should contact Keith Smith Keith.Smith@winchester.ac.uk Business Manager