- SPM (Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia / Malaysia Certificate of Education) with average grades of 5C or above
- Successful completion of a suitable one year foundation programme from a recognised university or further education college.
- SPM (Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia / Malaysia Certificate of Education) with good grades plus an international foundation year or equivalent.
- Successful completion of one year at a Malaysian university with good overall grades (2.5 GPA or above)
- UEC (Unified Examination Certificate) Senior Middle Level with an overall A/B profile
- Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM, Malaysia Higher School Certificate) with grades equivalent to A Level requirement (please see course listing for specific grade and subject requirements)
- Matriculation Certificate (Matrikulasi) with a grade point average of 2.0 or above, depending on the subject area
Advanced level entry to Year 2 or 3 may be possible with grades from the below:
- Polytechnic Diploma (three year post-SPM/SPVM) (with a GPA of 2.5 or above)
- Polytechnic Technician Certificate with high grades
- Two to three year college diploma/certificate (post-SPM) with high grades (with a GPA of 2.5 or over)
- A Malaysian Bachelor degree from a recognised institution with a GPA of 2.7 or above, depending on the subject area
Students from Malaysia who have taken the SPM 1119 may be able to use this as evidence of English to meet the English Language entry requirements. For further details of our English Language requirements for students from Malaysia please click here
We offer a range of English Language programmes to assit students to reach the required English Language level for their programme. More details can be found by clicking here
How to Apply
Click here to find out how to apply
Click here to find out more about the fees for each course
Funding and Scholarship Information
Please see below a number of funding opportunities for Malaysian students coming to study in the UK at the University of Winchester
The University of Winchester International Students Scholarship
Chevening Scholarship in Malaysia
Public Service Department of Malaysia
Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA)
Students from Malaysia would normally require a visa to study in the UK. For more information please click here
Visits by the International Office and our Local Representatives
Representatives from The University of Winchester regularly visit Malaysia to meet with students as well as to visit and provide talks and seminars at schools, colleges, universities and at our local representative's offices. If you would like to meet someone from the University during our next visit to Malaysia to talk about the University, the programmes we offer and for information on applying then please contact us to make an appointment.
We also have a number of local representatives and agents who have offices in all major towns and cities in Malaysia. If you would like to speak to someone locally or would like their contact/office details please contact us and we will be happy to provide you with the information.
The British Council in Malaysia are an excellent source of Information on studying in the UK. Their website and contact details can be accessed by clicking here.