- Successful completion of a suitable one year foundation programme from a recognised university or further education college.
- A-Levels, US High School Diploma or International Baccalaureate (please see course listing for specific grade and subject requirements).
- Senior Certificate (with matriculation endorsement) with minimum grades BBBCC or 65% or above
- National Senior Certificate with minimum grades of 66655 or 65% or above
- Other qualifications may also be considered on an individual basis
- Students who have completed one or more years on a Bachelors degree in South Africa may be eligible for advanced entry into Year 2 of a degree programme
- A good Bachelors (Honours) degree when studied for at least 4 years with a grade of 2:2, 60% or above
For details of our English Language requirements for students from South Africa please click here
We offer a range of English Language programmes to assit students to reach the required English Language level for their programme. More details can be found by clicking here
How to Apply
Click here to find out how to apply
Click here to find out more about the fees for each course
Funding and Scholarship Information
Please see below a number of funding opportunities for student from South Africa coming to study in the UK at the University of Winchester
The University of Winchester International Students Scholarship
Chevening Scholarship in South Africa
Students from South Africa would normally require a visa to study in the UK. For more information please click here. If you are unsure if you require a visa or not then please contact us.
Visits by the International Office and our Local Representatives
We have a number of local representatives and agents who have offices in all major towns and cities in South Africa. If you would like to speak to someone locally or would like their contact/office details please contact us and we will be happy to provide you with the information.
The British Council in South Africa are an excellent source of Information on studying in the UK. Their website and contact details can be accessed by clicking here.