Faculty of Education, Health and Social Care
The group welcomes all postgraduate student and staff researchers and covers a broad range of topics based on improving the research profile of postgraduate students.
Current members: Helen Loader (Research: Mrs Humphry Ward (1851-1920) The theory and practice of a Greenian Women); Piia Paal (Research: The Relations of Teaching and Tragedy); Helen Leadbitter (Research: Young Carers in Refugee and Asylum Seeking Families); Nitha Jose (Research: Marginalised lives: Disabled children and their mothers in women-headed households in Kerala, India); Dr Vasilkik Tzibazi (Research: Museum Education).
The cluster is envisaged as a means of enabling cross faculty collaboration and knowledge exchange between research students. Initially, we aim to develop an understanding of our research needs and expected outcomes within the framework of a broad understanding of educational research. Our objective is to strengthen our profile as a group of researchers both within the University of Winchester and extend our work to other research bodies and groups in the UK and internationally.
To be achieved by:
- bi-monthly meetings and seminars, discussion groups and workshops.
Activity/topics are anticipated to include:
- exploring commonalities and difficulties of researching as both practise based and historical researchers within the UK and internationally
- broadening the impact of educationally based research projects into universities and funding bodies abroad
- compiling a collaborative bid for funding
- preparing collaborative posters/conference papers
Creating a Research Student Cluster Group: Collaboration and Participation