Staff Development and Pay Progression
- A comprehensive staff development programme.
- Annual salary review and incremental pay progression.
- Fee waivers for academic taught courses.
- Access to learning resources.
Holiday and Leave
- You can enjoy a generous leave entitlement, rising by 5 days after 5 years service.
- We have a flexible working policy in place, covering everything from flexi-time to career breaks.
- We like to think Christmas is a time for you and operate a Christmas closure period. We also organise a free children's Christmas party.
We offer arguably some of the best pension schemes available, including the Local Government Pensions Scheme and Teachers' Pensions Scheme.
For details on eligibility, please contract Human Resources.
Staff Benefits on Campus
There are many benefits on campus for staff to enjoy. On site benefits include (but are not limited to):
- free annual health MOTs.
- numerous high quality catering outlets and on-site shop.
- staff social events.
- on-site parking and excellent public transport links.
- on-site nursery and free children's Christmas party.
- access to gym and sport facilities.
- free wellbeing events and workshops.
- free evening lecture series.
- working within a beautifully landscaped campus, with award winning architecture.
- friendly and supportive atmosphere with many opportunities for collaboration.
Employees can benefit from discounts, helping you to save money.
- Discounts at local and national retailers.
- Discounts on Rail and Bus services.
- A car salary sacrifice scheme, saving money on the cost of a new car.
- Cycle Scheme, saving you money on the cost of a new bicycle.
- Childcare voucher scheme, so you can save on childcare costs.
At the University of Winchester, we take care of our staff. The University embraces diversity and believes that individuals matter.
- Staff interest groups, eg LGBT, Parents, Carers, Disability and Equality groups.
- Free external independent financial, legal, health and consumer advice.
- Free counselling, either on-site or at a location of your choice.
- Free use of on-site gym for rehabilitation following long-term absences.