Interprofessional Studies - Children, Health, Social Work & Community
Welcome to the Department of Interprofessional Studies
We are an expanding multidisciplinary department, offering provision to a range of existing or intending professionals within Children’s Services, Health and Social Care.
We endeavour to provide the best quality educational experience for all our students within a friendly and supportive learning environment. Our Childhood Studies, and Health Community and Social Care Studies courses achieved 100% overall satisfaction from final-year undergraduate students in the 2017 National Student Survey.
We offer a full range of programmes from full-time undergraduate to postgraduate, flexible part-time programmes supporting work based learning and professional programmes which are accredited by awarding bodies. All programmes in the department are designed to support the development of academic and professional skills (or understanding) to meet the needs of employers and build your leadership and teamwork skills and enhance your employability.
Our department members excel in teaching, research and service in their respective fields, and their valuable perspectives of the industry can help you select the course of study best suited to your interests.
Meet the Interprofessional Studies team
Head of Department
- Steve Ballantine, Senior Lecturer in Childhood, Youth and Community Studies
- Dr Jane Bell, Senior Lecturer in Medical Education
- Kathleen Butler, Senior Lecturer in Social Work
- Natasha Bye-Brooks, Senior Lecturer Childhood, Youth and Community Studies
- Jackie Chrystal, Senior Lecturer in Social Work
- Gwen Clifford, Senior Lecturer Childhood, Youth and Community Studies and Childhood Studies
- Sadie Cox, Senior Lecturer in Health, Community & Social Care Studies
- Dr Sarah Earthy, Senior Lecturer in Health and Social Care / Associate Lecturer in Sociology
- Liz Ellis, Social Work Practice Learning Coordinator
- Dr Colin Goble, Senior Lecturer Childhood, Youth and Community Studies
- Ann Gorecki, Senior Lecturer in Education (Childhood Studies)
- Rachel Harrison, Senior Lecturer in Education
- Dominic Hodgson, Senior Lecturer in Medical Education
- Dr Carlos Hoyos, Senior Lecturer in Medical Education
- Prof. Graham Ixer, Professor of Social Work and Social Policy
- Dr Craig Johnston, Senior Lecturer in Health, Community & Social Care Studies
- Stephanie Langley, Senior Lecturer in Social Work
- Alastair Loadman, Senior Lecturer in Education
- Karen Morris, Senior Lecturer in Education (Childhood Studies)
- Catherine Murgatroyd, Senior Lecturer in Social Work
- Amanda Norman, Senior Lecturer in Education (Early Years)
- Jane Peacock, Senior Lecturer in Social Work
- Dr Heidi Penrose, Associate Dean, Mid-Wessex GP Education
- Stephanie Richardson, Senior Lecturer in Education
- Dr Samantha Scallan, Senior Lecturer in Medical Education
- Baljit Soroya, Senior Lecturer in Social Work
- Clive Tobutt, Senior Lecturer Health, Community and Social Care Studies and Childhood
- Tom Wilks, Senior Lecturer in Social Work
Research in Interprofessional Studies
The Department of Interprofessional Studies is part of the Faculty of Education, Health and Social Care. Explore the Faculty's research centres:
- Centre for the History of Women's Education
- Medical Education Research Centre
- Institute for Value Studies
A Centre for Research into Teaching and Teacher Education was launched recently. Further information forthcoming; contact the Faculty Head of Research, Dr Wayne Veck, for more information.
Postgraduate research supervision
We offer research supervision in a wide range of subjects. To find out more, explore our academic staff profile pages above for individual areas of supervision or use the Find an Expert search bar below.
Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014
Nearly 20% of all outputs submitted in Winchester's Education submission to REF 2014 were deemed to be of world-leading quality.