I am a Practitioner Forensic Psychologist who is registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) in the UK, a Chartered Psychologist with the British Psychological Society (BPS) and member of the Division of Forensic Psychology (DFP).
My experience is recognised in my eligibility to be an Associate Fellow (AFBPsS) of the British Psychological Society, as well as being on the EuroPsy register (European standard of education and professional training in psychology). Additionally, I am a trained Eye Movement and Desensitisation (EMDR) therapist and a member of the EMDR UK & Ireland Association.
I have worked within both private and NHS Mental Health Care services for over 15 years. This has included High, Medium and Low Secure (rehabilitation) facilities. Predominantly, I have worked with adults who experience mental health and behavioural difficulties associated with offending risk. Individuals may present with a complex range of difficulties including Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Complex Trauma, Anxiety, Depression, Anger, Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder and Personality Disorder, as well as cognitive and developmental difficulties, including Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD).
I have been trained in a wide range of risk assessment tools and I have over 10 years’ experience in conducting psychological assessments and treating individual needs, both on a group and individual basis. I have also provided team consultancy work and staff training as part of my practitioner role.
I joined the University of Winchester in 2017, as a Lecturer on the MSc Forensic Psychology programme. However, I continue to work as a practising psychologist at Thornford Park Hospital, Elysium Healthcare. Additionally, I run my own private practice offering Expert Witness Work and EMDR therapy.
Academic and professional qualifications:
• BSc (Hons) in Psychology with English from The University of Winchester
• Diploma in Psychology with The Open University
• MSc in Forensic Psychology from The University of Portsmouth
• Qualification in Forensic Psychology (Stage 2) with the British Psychological Society
• Award of Test User: Forensic with the British Psychological Society Psychological Testing Centre and entered on to the Register of Qualification in Test Use (RQTU)
• MSc Forensic Psychology
• Foundations of Forensic Psychology Practice (Module Tutor)
• The Criminal Justice System and legal Framework (Module Tutor)
• Assessment and Consultancy within Forensic Practice (Module Leader and Tutor)
• Specialist Treatment and Interventions (Module Leader and Tutor)
• Dissertation Superivsion