Dr. Suparna De is a Senior Lecturer in Computer Science and Networks at the Dept. of Digital Technologies at the University of Winchester.
Prior to joining the University of Winchester in 2019, she was a Senior Research Fellow at the Institute for Communication Systems (ICS), University of Surrey, UK. She obtained her Ph.D. and MSc. (with distinction) degrees in Electronic Engineering from the University of Surrey.
Her research interests relate to the application of machine learning and semantic-Web technologies to knowledge engineering and data analytics in large-scale Cyber-Physical-Social systems. Recent activities include data fusion and pattern derivation from cyber-physical and social streams, design and development of architectures and algorithms for distributed search, knowledge modelling, and Big data analysis in various Internet of Things (IoT) deployments.
She serves on the editorial board of the International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks journal and on the review boards of several prestigious technical journals (ACM TCHI, ACM CSUR, ACM TOIT, IEEE TNSM, IEEE Systems, IEEE Access, Sensors, IEEE Sensors, IEEE TSC, etc.).
- Guest-editor: Special issue on Sensor Networks: Physical and Social Sensing in the IoT in the Sensors journal [IF: 3.031] (submissions due: 30th November 2020).
- Guest-editor: Special issue on Sensor Networks and IoT in eHealth Applications in the Journal of Sensor and Actuator Networks (submissions due: 30th April 2021).
- Program Chair: 11th International Symposium on Internet of Ubiquitous and Pervasive Things (IUPT) 2021, Warsaw, Poland, March 2021 (submissions due: 1st November 2020)
- Publicity Chair: 7th IEEE International Conference on Internet of People (IoP 2021), Atlanta, USA, October 2021 (submissions due: 30th April 2021)
- Qi Chen, Wei Wang, Kaizhu Huang, Suparna De, Frans Coenen, (2020), Multi-modal Adversarial Training for Crisis-related Data Classification on Social Media, Proc. 6th IEEE International Conference on Smart Computing (SMARTCOMP), September 2020.
- Qi Chen, Wei Wang, Kaizhu Huang, Suparna De, Frans Coenen, (2020), Adversarial Domain Adaptation for Crisis Data Classification on Social Media, IEEE iThings-2020, [accepted].
- Alturki Badraddin, Reiff-Marganiec Stephan, Perera Charith, De Suparna (2019) Exploring the Effectiveness of Service Decomposition in Fog Computing Architecture for the Internet of Things, IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Computing, Early Access, doi: 10.1109/TSUSC.2019.2907405
- Chen Qi, Wang Wei, Wu Fangyu, De Suparna, Wang Ruili, Zhang Bailing, Huang Xin (2019) A Survey on an Emerging Area: Deep Learning for Smart City Data, IEEE Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computational Intelligence, 3 (5), doi: 10.1109/TETCI.2019.2907718
- Perera Charith, Barhamgi Mahmoud, De Suparna, Baarslag Tim, Vecchio Massimo, Choo Kim-Kwang Raymond (2018) Designing the Sensing as a Service Ecosystem for the Internet of Things, IEEE Internet of Things Magazine, 1 (2) pp. 18-23
- Nenad Gligoric, Srdjan Krco, Liisa Hakola, Kaisa Vehmas, Suparna De, Klaus Moessner, Kristoffer Jansson, Ingmar Polenz, Rob van Kranenburg (2019) SmartTags: IoT product passport for circular economy based on printed sensors and unique item-level identifiers, Sensors 19 (3).
- Zhou Yuchao, De Suparna, Ewa Gideon, Perera Charith, Moessner Klaus (2018) Data-driven Air Quality Characterisation for Urban Environments: a Case Study, IEEE Access 6 (1) pp. 77996-78006.
- Zhou Yuchao, De Suparna, Wang Wei, Wang Ruili, Moessner Klaus (2018) Missing Data Estimation in Mobile Sensing Environments, IEEE Access 6 (1) pp. 69869-69882.
- Suparna De, Yuchao Zhou, Iker Larizgoitia Abad, Klaus Moessner; CyberPhysicalSocial Frameworks for Urban Big Data Systems: A Survey. Appl. Sci. 2017, 7, 1017.
- Yuchao Zhou, Suparna De, Wei Wang, Klaus Moessner, Marimuthu Palaniswami, Spatial Indexing for Data Search in Mobile Sensing Environments, Sensors, 2017, 17(6), 1427.
- Wei Wang, Suparna De, Yuchao Zhou, Xin Huang, Klaus Moessner (2017) 'Distributed Sensor Data Computing in Smart City Applications', 18th IEEE International Symposium on a World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks (WoWMoM 2017), June 12-15, Macau, China.
- Zhou Y, De S, Wang W, Moessner K. (2016) 'Search Techniques for the Web of Things: a Taxonomy and Survey'. Sensors, 16 (5).
- Zhou Y, De S, Moessner K. (2016) 'Real world city event extraction from Twitter data streams'. Procedia Computer Science, vol. 98, pp. 443-448.
- Wang W, Yao F, De S, Moessner K, Sun Z. (2015) 'A Ranking Method for Sensor Services based on Estimation of Service Access Cost'. Information Sciences, 319, pp. 1-17.
- Wang W, De S, Cassar G, Moessner K. (2015) 'An Experimental Study on Geospatial Indexing for Sensor Service Discovery'. Expert Systems with Applications, 42 (7), pp. 3528-3538.
- De S, Christophe B, Moessner K. (2014) 'Semantic enablers for dynamic digital-physical object associations in a federated node architecture for the Internet of Things'. Ad Hoc Networks, 18, pp. 102-120.
- Poncela J, Vlacheas P, Giaffreda R, De S, Vecchio M, Nechifor S, Barco R, Aguayo-Torres MC, Stavroulaki V, Moessner K, Demestichas P. (2014) 'Smart Cities via Data Aggregation'. Wireless Personal Communications, 76 (2), pp. 149-168.
- Zhou Y, De S, Wang W, Moessner K. (2014) 'Enabling Query of Frequently Updated Data from Mobile Sensing Sources'. IEEE Chengdu, China: 13th IEEE International Conference on Ubiquitous Computing and Communications (IUCC 2014)
- Wang W, De S, Cassar G, Moessner K. (2013) 'Knowledge Representation in the Internet of Things: Semantic Modelling and its Applications'. Automatika Journal for Control, Measurement, Electronics, Computing and Communications, 54 (4), pp. 388-400.
- Zhou Y, De S, Moessner K. (2013) 'Implementation of Federated Query Processing on Linked Data'. IEEE London, UK: 24th IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC), pp. 3553-3557.
- Cassar G, Barnaghi P, Wang W, De S, Moessner K. (2013) 'Composition of Services in Pervasive Environments: A Divide and Conquer Approach'. Split Croatia: the 18th IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications
- De S, Elsaleh T, Barnaghi P, Meissner S. (2012) 'An Internet of Things Platform for Real-World and Digital Objects'. Scalable Computing: Practice and Experience, 13 (1), pp. 45-57.
- 21. Chen Y, De S, Kernchen R, Moessner K. (2012) 'Device discovery in future service platforms through SIP'. IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference.
- Wang W, De S, Toenjes R, Reetz E, Moessner K. (2012) 'A Comprehensive Ontology for Knowledge Representation in the Internet of Things'. IEEE Liverpool, UK: IEEE 11th International Conference on Trust, Security and Privacy in Computing and Communications (TrustCom), pp. 1793-1798.
- De S, Barnaghi P, Bauer M, Meissner S. (2011) 'Service modelling for the Internet of Things'. IEEE 2011 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, FedCSIS 2011, Szczecin: Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems (FedCSIS), 2011, pp. 949-955.
- De S, Attou A, Moessner K. (2009) 'Service and Content Presentation in Ubiquitous Environments'. Springer Guildford, UK: 4th European Conference on Smart Sensing and Context (EuroSSC), pp. 61-64.
- De S, Moessner K. (2009) 'A Framework for Mobile, Context-Aware Applications'. IEEE 16th International Conference on Telecommunications, Marrakech, Morocco, pp. 232-237.
- De S, Moessner K. (2009) 'Rule-based Reasoning Mechanism for Context-aware Service Presentation'. IIMC International Information Management Corporation Ltd eChallenges e-2009 Conference Proceedings, Istanbul, Turkey: eChallenges e-2009