Alan Hutchison is Senor Lecturer in Education.
Areas of expertise
- Wellbeing and happiness in education
- Educational research methods
Chapters in edited books
- Hutchison A. (2009), Wellbeing and education, IN, Gibson, S. and Haynes, J. (eds.), Perspectives on Participation and Inclusion: Engaging Education, London: Continuum.
Peer-reviewed journal articles
- Hutchison, A. and Rea, T. (2011), Transformative learning and identity formation on the 'Smiling Coast' of west Africa, Teaching and Teacher Education, Vol. 27 (3).
- Bell, J., Hutchison, A., Rea, T. and Richards, P. (2012), Transformative Pedagogies and the Professional Learning of Educators, European Dimension in Education and Teaching, Vol 4. Schneider Verlag Hohengehren.
- Hutchison, A. (2012), The ethics of consent and classroom-based research, BERA Research Intelligence.
- Hutchison, A. & Rea, T. (2011), The ethics of classroom ethnography. Paper presented at Oxford Ethnography and Education Conference, New College, Oxford.