Prof. Lisa Isherwood FRSA is Director of the University's Institute for Theological partnerships.
She is an Executive Editor and founding editor of the international journal Feminist Theology and she sits on the international editorial board of Feminist Studies in Religion. She is a co-founder and Director of the Britain and Ireland School of Feminist Theology. From 2007 to 2009 she was Vice President of the European Society of Women in Theological Research.
She has been series editor of five international series: ‘Introductions in Feminist Theology’ [Continuum]; Queer Theology [T&T Clark co-editor Marcella Althaus-Reid]; Queer Theology [T&T Clark co-editor Marcella Althaus-Reid]; Theology, Gender & Spirituality (Equinox); Religion & Violence [Equinox] and Controversies in Contextual Theology (SCM, co-editor Marcella Althaus-Reid).
- The Cultural History of Women in Christianity. General Editor 2012-17, Acumen Publishers. Forthcoming; this will be an 8-volume series
- Handbook in Sexuality and Gender. Co-edited with Dirk von Horst. Acumen, 2016
- Theologies of Liberation in Palestine: Contextual, Indigenous and Postcolonial Perspectives. Co-edited with Nur Masalha. Wipf & Stock Publishers, 2014
- The Challenge of Preaching the Gospel. Co-edited with Janet Wootton. ITP Publications, 2013
- Palestinian Theology moves on. Co-edited with Nur Masalha. ITP Publications, 2013
- Radical Otherness. Co-Authored with Dave Harris. Equinox, 2013
- The Poverty of Radical Orthodoxy. Co-Edited with Marko Zlomislic. Wipf & Stock Publishers, 2012
- Through us, with us, in us: The challenge of Relational Theology in the 21st century. Co-edited with Elaine Bellchambers. SCM Press 2010
- Dancing Feet in Fetish Boots: Essays in Honour of Marcella Althaus-Reid. Co-edited with Mark Jordan. SCM Press, 2010
- Wrestling with God: The Yearbook of ESWTR. Co-Editors Jenny Daggers, Elaine Bellchambers and Christina Gasser Peeters, 2010
- Trans/Formations. Co-Edited with Marcella Althaus-Reid. SCM Press, 2009
- Post-Christian Feminisms. Co-edited with Kath McPhillips. Ashgate, 2008
- Weep not for your children. Co-edited with Rosemary Radford Ruether. Equinox, 2008.
- Controversies in Body Theology. Co-Edited with Marcella Althaus-Reid, SCM Press,2008
- The Fat Jesus: Christianity and Body Image. New York, Seabury Press, 2008
- The Fat Jesus: Feminist Explorations in Boundaries and Transgressions, DLT, 2007
- Patriarchs, Prophets and Other Villains (ed.) Equinox, 2007
- Controversies in Feminist Theologies. Co-Authored with Marcella Althaus-Reid. SCM Press, 2007
- The Power of erotic celibacy: queering heterosexuality. T&T Clark, 2006
- The Sexual Theologian: Essays on Sex, God & Politics. Co-edited with Marcella Althaus-Reid. T&T Clark, 2005.
- Introducing Feminist Christologies Continuum, Co-authored with Dorothea McEwan. Sheffield Academic Press, 2001
- Liberating Christ: Exploring the Christologies of Contemporary Liberation. Pilgrim Press, 1999.
- Introducing Body Theology. Co-authored with Elizabeth Stuart. Sheffield Academic Press, 1998 & Pilgrim Press, Ohio, 2000
- An A-Z of Feminist Theology. Co-edited with Dorothea McEwan. Sheffield Academic Press, 1996
Recent invited conference papers
- How can a Feminist remain a Christian? The Annual John Boswell Lecture, Graduate Theological Union, Berkeley, USA. April 2013
- Wandering in the Cosmos: Ecofeminism Moves On. Ecumenical Association of Asian Theologians. Bangalore, November, 2013
- Incarnation in the City. Sion Lecture Diocese of Southwark, Lambeth Palace. October 2013
- Queering the Fat Jesus. ESWTR, Dresden. August, 2013
- Violence in Christian Marriage. Indian Theologians Conference, Goa, India, April 2014
- Queer Christianity? Inaugural Queer Theological College, Barcelona, May 2014
- Radical Incarnation and Animal Rights. Centre for Animal Ethics, Oxford, July 2014
- Christianity: Queer Pasts , Queer Futures? Pat Reif Lecture, Claremont Graduate University, California, USA October, 2014
- Christian Queerness and Economic Futures. Mount St Mary’s University, Los Angeles. October, 2014
- When the Word is Flesh, Debt Economy is not Enough. Leuven University, Belgium, November, 2014
- Borders of Sex. American Academy of Religion, San Diego, November, 2014
- Queering Christian Heritage. Leuven University, Belgium, May 2015