Tam Nguyen PhD, ACCA, CPFA, CPA Australia AFHEA is Lecturer in Accounting and Finance at Winchester Business School. Tam has been qualified as a chartered accountant with a number of professional accountancy bodies including the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA, UK), the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA, UK) and Australia Certified Practising Accountants (CPA Australia). Before commencing his lectureship at the University of Winchester, Tam worked as a part-time lecturer at the University of Southampton and Southampton Solent University. His teaching subjects include Audit & Assurance, Financial Accounting, Financial Reporting and Financial Statement Analysis.
Before starting his academic career, Tam had many years practicing as a senior auditor and audit manager at Deloitte and RSM global. His previous job was Finance and Accounting Manager at a multinational company (Samsung) with multiple tasks of reporting, forecasting and budgeting, as well as involvement in different projects as an accounting and finance advisor.
Higher Education Teaching Qualification: Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (AFHEA).
Areas of expertise
- Financial Accounting
- Financial reporting and audit
- Son Dang, Lien Nguyen & Tam Nguyen (2016). ‘Financial Accounting 1” (In progress of publishing)
- Tam Nguyen (2013). Audit risk stems from client acceptance competition among independent auditing firms in Vietnam, Journal of Science, Vietnam, III/2013
- Tam Nguyen (2012). Discussion on internal control system in enterprises in Vietnam, Journal of Accounting and Auditing, Vietnam, 8/2012: 8-12
- Tam Nguyen and Teerooven Soobaroyen (2016), Governance and financial impression management by non-profit organizations: Evidence from UK charities. In, 2016 Government and Nonprofit Section Midyear Meeting, American Accounting Association, Arlington, VA, USA, 11 - 12 March 2016 and in British Accounting and Finance Association- SWAG- Annual Conference, 4th September 2015, Bath, UK
- Tam Nguyen and Teerooven Soobaroyen (2016), What are the determinants of Chief Executive Officers’ remuneration in the non-profit sector? The case of UK charities. In, 6th Social and Environmental Accounting Conference (CSEAR Italy), Parma, Italy, 30th June- 1st July 2016, and in Southampton Business School 2016 PhD Conference, March 2016
- Tam Nguyen and Teerooven Soobaroyen (2015), Earnings management by non-profit organizations: evidence from UK charities. In, 38th Annual Congress of the European Accounting Association, Glasgow, UK, 28 - 30 Apr 2015 and in British Accounting and Finance Association- SWAG- Annual Conference, 13th September 2014, Cardiff, Wales, UK