Areas of expertise
- Primary English, particularly writing
- Assessment of writing
- storytelling into writing
- The Matador’s Curse a novel for children by Jonathan Rooke self- published on Amazon Kindle January 2015
- Rooke, J. with Law, K. (2009) Collins Primary Literacy Year 6. London: Harper Collins.
- Rooke, J, contributor to Andrews, R. (2008) Getting Going: Generating, shaping and developing ideas in writing. (DCSF).
- Rooke, J. and Collins, S. (2004) Writing Across the Curriculum Y5. London: Hopscotch.
- Rooke, J. and Hiatt, K. (2002) Creativity and Writing London: David Fulton
- Rooke, J, contributor to Hackman, S. (2001) Fast Forward L4-5. London: Hodder and Stoughton.
- Rooke, J. (2001) Guided Reading Resources. (Surrey). Curriculum and Management Consultancy, Surrey.
- Rooke, J, contributor to Hackman, S. (2000) Fast Forward Assessment Pack London: Hodder and Stoughton
- Rooke, J, contributor to Hackman, S. (1999) Fast Forward L3-4 London: Hodder and Stoughton
- Rooke, J. (1999) Improving narrative writing at KS2 Surrey: Curriculum and Management Consultancy, Surrey
Articles and Reports
- The Impact of Storytelling Schools on Children’s Writing in Tower Hamlets primary schools. Evaluation of roll-out Phase 1: 2013-14 (published April 2015)
- Transforming Writing:12 key classroom approaches National Literacy Trust (published January 2015)
- Book Reviews English 4-11 UKLA Autumn 2014
- Rooke, J. (2013) Transforming Writing Final Evaluation National Literacy Trust
- Using iPads to Support Peer assessment of Writing English 4-11 UKLA Spring 2015 pp. 7-8
- ActivEd: Lights, Camera, Classroom Ready? Action! An International Experience in Haapsalu, Estonia with Jon Audain in Journal of the Comenius Association September 2014 pp. 47-49
- Reading Journals Evolve in Primary Teacher Update April 2014
A Joint Christmas Writing Adventure: school, university and library working in partnership to write a book in a day in English 4-11 Number 49, Autumn 2013 English Association and United Kingdom Literacy Association
- University identified in 3 articles about Transforming Writing project written by Pie Corbett in Primary Teacher Update Volume 1, Issues 21, 22, 23 June, July and August 2013
- 2013 The Soma Story Project in English 4-11 Number 47, Spring 2013 English Association and United Kingdom Literacy Association
- 2009 Teachers and TAs as Writers. Junior Education.
- 2006 Back to the Future: Drama and Writing 12. (4) Primary English Magazine
- 2003 Writing assignments for RE. 8. (4). Primary English Magazine
- 2002 Writing Across the Curriculum Primary English Magazine
- 2000 Guided Writing Primary English Magazine
- 1999 Crafting units of meaning Primary English Magazine
- 1999 Put them on the spot in reading Times Educational Supplement
- 1998 Reading; Going in for grouping 2 Primary English Magazine
- 1998 Reading; Going in for grouping 3 Primary English Magazine
- 1998 Reading: Passports to success Primary English Magazine
- 1997 Reading; Going in for grouping 1 Primary English Magazine
- 1996 Comfort Stop: Libraries Times Educational Supplement
- 1994 Times Educational Supplement Book reviews
- NLS KS3 Guided Writing. 2000 Video
- (2011) Enjoying Writing Together Conference (organiser)
- (2010) Teachers and TAs as Writers Phase 2, UKLA International Conference, University of Winchester
- (2008) Teachers and TAs as Writers Phase 1, National Teachers Conference