Dr Tammi Sinha PhD, BEng (Hons), PGCE joined the University of Winchester in October 2013 as a Senior Lecturer in Operations and Project Management within the Winchester Business School. She is Director of the University's interdisciplinary Centre for Climate Change Education and Communication, launched in APril 2018.
Tammi spent 10 years as an engineer with BAE Systems, and Ocular Sciences as a Production Cell Leader before returning to an academic role in 2003. She spent 10 years at Portsmouth Business School, where she led the MSc Leadership in Health and Wellbeing, before joining Winchester Business School.
Tammi is a practitioner and researcher in systems thinking, visual leadership, operational excellence and lean six sigma, working with a variety of organisations in the public and private sectors to improve performance. She has delivered invited keynotes at various conferences on Lean in Higher Education and the public sector. The Improvement Community of Practice (co-led with Nigel Ward) is a thriving community meeting up to 7 times a year to explore and develop innovative ways of improving performance.
Tammi incorporates a multi-disciplined approach to learning, teaching, knowledge transfer and administration. Her approach stems from a grounding and interest in systems thinking and high performance methodologies to bring about sustainable improvement. She has co-led and built up an improvement community of practice for practitioners over a number of years, in order to engage and work with Project Managers and Improvement Professionals to embed theory into practice, and explore the knowledge landscape in this area. She has been involved in Knowledge Transfer Projects funded by the Technology Strategy Board.
Areas of expertise
Systems thinking, visual leadership, operational excellence and lean six sigma
- Pastellas and Sinha T. (2015) Service System Design and implementation in Radnor Z. and Esain A. (eds) Service Operations
- Sinha T (2013) “A catalyst for delivery” The Public Servant March 2013
- P A Smart, R S Maull, J Bennett, S J Childe, T Greswell, C Wood, T Rogers, 1999 "Characterising process- based change in SMEs: an empirical approach", in Bartezzaghi E, Filippini R, Spina G, Vinelli A (Eds), Proceedings of the 6th International Conference of the European Operations Management Association - Managing Operations Networks, SGE, pp. 489-496, ISBN: 8886281390
- P A Smart, T Greswell, R S Maull, S J Childe and D Tranfield, 1999 "Strategies for Enterprise Integration: the three lens model", in Chai T.Y., Zaremba M, Bernus P, Villa A, Proceedings of the International Federation for Automation Control 14th World Congress, Elsevier NL, pp.163 – 170
- Welch C, Sinha T, Nicolian N, Ward N (2015) Fostering Collaborative Inquiry: Networks of Practice ECRM conference Malta June 2015
- Welch C, Sinha T, Ward N (2015) Collaborative education for sustainable improvement. Accepted for British Academy of Management Sept 2015
- Pastellas S and Sinha T (2014) ‘Change Management in the NHS: clinical integration in a sexual health service’ BAM September 2014 (full paper)
- Welch C, Sinha T, Ward N (2014) ‘’Making a difference, making it happen, learning the lessons: collaborative learning through a community of practice of business improvement professionals’ EurOma Sicily 2014
- Welch C, Sinha T, Ward N (2014) From knowledge transfer to knowledge exchange and beyond: the story of a community of Inquiry. BAM September 2014 (developmental paper)
- Sinha T (2013) Gamestorming UK Systems Society Conference St Anne’s College Oxford September 2013
- Allan R and Sinha T (2013) “Core training and staff engagement: an assessment of improvement initiatives in HE?” 1st International conference in lean six sigma in Higher Education: University of Strathclyde July 2013
- Milner C and Sinha T (2013) Creative employee engagement: a path of sustainable operations improvement 20th EurOMA conference Dublin June 2013
- Welch C, Sinha T, Ward N, (2012) “Making a difference – making it happen: exploring business improvement through a community of practice’ British Academy of Management, Cardiff September
- Sinha T, Welch C, (2012) “Sustaining operations improvement in health care – drivers for change in the UK health and well-being sector” 4th World Production and Operations Management Conference July 1 – 4 Amsterdam
- Sinha T, E De Greef, Seymour J, Welch C (2011) “Lean Business Schools – A case study of Lean Implementation in Higher Education” Proceedings of the 18th International Annual EurOMA Conference, Cambridge UK
- Welch C, Sinha T (2011) “Value streams, effectiveness and the achievement of balance” Proceedings of the 18th International Annual EurOMA Conference, Cambridge UK
- Welch C, Sinha T (2011) “Communities of practice as a vehicle for research into business improvement practice” 10th European Conference on Research Methodology for Business and Management Studies Caen France
- Sinha T, Ward N, Welch C, Boydell B (2010) “Value Stream Mapping in a Service Environment: A Comparison of Approaches” Proceedings of the 17th International Annual EurOMA Conference, Oporto Portugal
- Boydell, B; Holtshausen, R; Sinha T; Ishizaka, A (2010) A Model for Critical Success Factors of the Supply Chain Relationship in the Automobile Industry Proceedings of the 17th International Annual EurOMA Conference, Oporto Portugal
- Sinha (nee Greswell) T (2008) ‘Creativity the buzz behind the business’ UK Systems Society Conference Oxford Sept 2008
- Greswell T (2007) ‘A typology of creative tools and techniques for Operations Managers’ The Systemist April 2007
- Greswell T (2006) ‘Transforming Operations through Systems Thinking: the evolution of Operations Strategy through Systems Engineering and the opportunity for change’. UKSS 10th International Conference. Oxford UK
- Greswell T, Childe S, Maull R (2005) ‘Strategic Operations – A process for operational change’ European conference on Intelligent Management Systems Salford June 2005
- Childe S J, Greswell T J, Rogers T, Wood C, Maull R, Smart P A (2001) ‘Development and testing of a methodology for process based change’ Manufacturing Information Systems Proceedings of the fourth SMESME International Conference
- Smart P.A, Maull R.S., Greswell T. and Radnor Z, (2000) "The characterisation and validation of a framework for process based change in SMEs", Proceedings of the 1st World Conference on Production and Operations Management, University of Seville, Seville, Spain 2000
- P A Smart, R S Maull, J Bennett, S J Childe, T Greswell, C Wood, T Rogers, (1999) "Characterising process- based change in SMEs: an empirical approach", in Bartezzaghi E, Filippini R, Spina G, Vinelli A (Eds), Proceedings of the 6th International Conference of the European Operations Management Association - Managing Operations Networks, SGE, pp. 489-496, ISBN: 8886281390
- P A Smart, T Greswell, R S Maull, S J Childe and D Tranfield, (1999) "Strategies for Enterprise Integration: the three lens model", in Chai T.Y., Zaremba M, Bernus P, Villa A, Proceedings of the International Federation for Automation Control 14th World Congress, Elsevier NL, pp.163 – 170.
- Greswell T, Childe S, Maull R S, Smart P A, (1998), "The development of three manufacturing strategy making systems", The 3rd International Conference on Managing Innovative Manufacturing (MIM '98), University of Nottingham, Nottingham 6- 8 July
- Greswell T, Maull R, Childe S, Nash Z (1998) ‘A soft systems approach to the formulation of a manufacturing strategy’ European Operations Management Association Conference Proceedings Dublin 14 – 17th June 1998
- Greswell T, Childe S, Maull R (1998) ‘Three Manufacturing Strategy Archetypes - A Framework for the UK Aerospace Industry’ IFIP WG 5.7 Working conference 1998, 26 – 28 August, Marine Highland Hotel, Troon
- Greswell T, Childe S J, Maull R S, Bennett J, (1996) ‘The linking of Manufacturing Strategy to Business Process Re-engineering’ EurOma Conference Proceedings June 1996 London
- Greswell T, Childe S J, Maull R S, Bennett J, Campbell N, (1995), The role of manufacturing strategy within a Business Process Re-engineering change programme, Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Production Research, Jerusalem, Israel August 6-10, pp 144-146 (ICPR95.ps)
- Greswell T, Childe S J, Maull R S, Bennett J, (1995), ‘Linking Manufacturing Strategy to process improvement’, Advances in Manufacturing Technology IX, Proceedings of the 11th National Conference on Manufacturing Research 12-14 September, De Montfort University Leicester, pp 656-60 (NCMR95.ps)
- Greswell T, Childe S J, Maull R S, Bennett J, (1995), ‘A Twofold approach to manufacturing improvement’, Proceedings of the Twelfth Conference of the Irish Manufacturing Committee, 6-8th September, University College Cork, pp. 429-436 (IMC95.ps)