Areas of expertise
- Alcohol and drug interventions (including treatment)
- Problem substance use Policy
- Mental health psychological interventions and treatment
- Tobutt, C., Bijl, R., Eriksson, J., Gardegard, N. and Sanders, A. (2002) For Kvaliet Och Sakerhet. Sundsvall, Sweden: Mittogskolan and Forlaget and the European Commission.
- Tobutt, C., Bijl, R., Eriksson, J., Gardegard, N. and Sanders, A. (2001) Managing Alcohol and Drug Issues in the Workplace. London: Thames Valley University and the European Commission.
- Tobutt, C. & Dyer, K. (eds.) (forthcoming) Understanding, Treating and Managing Addiction. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
Including Chapters as follows:
- Tobutt, C. Alcohol and drug prevention in the workplace;
- Tobutt, C. Engagement in treatment: Motivational interviewing
- Tobutt, C. (ed.) (2011) Alcohol and the Workplace. Farnham: Gower
- Tobutt, C. (ed.) (2011) Alcohol and the Workplace. London: Gower.
Articles and chapters in edited books
- Tobutt, C. (2011) Introduction: alcohol and the workplace. In: Tobutt C. (Ed.) Alcohol and the Workplace. London: Gower.
- Tobutt, C. (2011) The nature of the problem: examining the evidence. In: Tobutt, C. (Ed.) Alcohol and the Workplace. London: Gower.
- Lambrechts, M-C., Bijl, R., & Tobutt C. (2011) How to deal with alcohol problems and job performance. In: Tobutt, C. (Ed.) Alcohol and the Workplace. London: Gower.
- Tobutt, C. (2011) Alcohol screening and assessment. In: Tobutt C. (Ed.) Alcohol and the Workplace. London: Gower.
- Tobutt, C. (2011). Alcohol interventions and treatment. In: Tobutt, C. (Ed.) Alcohol and the Workplace. London.
- Trenowth, S., & Tobutt, C. (2008) Assessing alcohol use and misuse in primary care. In: Martin, C. (Ed.) Identification and Treatment of Alcohol Dependence. Consort, Cumbria: M&K Update Ltd.
Peer reviewed papers
- Tobutt, C. (2015) Alcohol: brief interventions for hazardous drinking and dependency. British Journal of Mental Health Nursing, 4(2), 87-93.
- Tobutt, C., & Milani, R. (2010) Comparing two counselling styles for hazardous drinkers charged with alcohol-related offences in a police custody suite: Piloting motivational interviewing brief intervention or a standard brief intervention to reduce alcohol consumption. Advances in Dual Diagnosis Journal, 3(4), 20-32.
- Hughes, L., O'Neil, T., Tobutt, C., & Ingle, D. (2010) Dual diagnosis training for criminal justice staff. Journal of Mental Health Education, training and Practice Development, 3(2), 32-38.
- Tobutt, C., & Tripper, J. (2010) Motivational Interviewing Network of Trainers (MINT): MINT forum and train new trainers (TNT), San Diego, California, USA, October 2010. Journal of Advances in Dual Diagnosis Journal, 3(3), 40-42.
- Bird, L., Hayton, P., Caraher, M., McGough, H., & Tobutt, C. (1999) Mental health promotion and prison health care staff in young offender institutions in England. International Journal of Mental Health Promotion, 1 (4), 16-24.
- Tobutt, C., Laranjeira, R., Taylor, C., & Oppenheimer, E. (1997) A 22 year follow-up of British heroin injectors. ANSA Journal, Summer 1997, 20-27.
- Tobutt, C., Oppenheimerm E., & Laranjeira, R. (1996) Health of a cohort of heroin addicts at London clinics: a 22-year follow-up study. British Medical Journal, 312: 1435.
- Tobutt, C. (1996) Long-term follow-up in opiate drug use. Nursing Times, (92) 42: 13.
- Oppenheimer, E., Tobutt, C., Taylor, C., & Andrews, T. (1994) Death and survival in a cohort of heroin addicts at London clinics: A 22-year follow-up study. Addiction, 89: 1299-1308.
Published conference proceedings
- Tobutt, C. (2014) Competence frameworks for supervisors - proficiency or competence?and Motivational Interviewing. International Conference on Motivational Interviewing, June 12th-16th June, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Cole, S., McMaster, F., Kaplan, S. and Tobutt, C. (2011) Motivational interviewing: The Evidence and the Promise. Bio-behavioral Processes and Health: Understanding Mechanisms, Implementing Interventions. Symposium 1130, American Psychosomatic Society, 69th Annual Scientific Meeting, March 9-12, San Antonio, Texas, USA.
- Tobutt, C., Townshend, J., Milani, R. and Strang, J. (2010) Pilot Research Study Comparing Motivational Interviewing Brief Intervention or Standard Brief Intervention: Drinking Outcomes of Hazardous Drinkers Charged with Alcohol-related Offences. Poster Presentations at Motivational Interviewing Network of Trainers Forum, San Diego, USA.
- Tobutt, C. and Hughes, L. (2009) Dual Diagnosis Training and Research for those Working in Prison Healthcare. Pan London Lifelong Learning Network Seminar, London, Abstract 3.
Motivational Interviewing Network of Trainers (MINT) Forum, Krakow, Poland, 2013.Staff Directory