Dr Tzibazi is Senior Lecturer in Education, the Faculty Coordinator for Postgraduate Research Degrees and the Faculty Academic Misconduct Officer.
Areas of expertise
Her expertise is in the area of museum learning and interpretation; she is interested in participatory forms of research and the embodied nature of the museum experience.
Chapters in edited books
- Tzibazi, V, (2015) Body and movement in the museum experience: movong towards an embodied perspective. IN, Pourkos M. (ed.) The absent presence of body and lived experience in processes of education, learning and development. Athens: Topos (p.p.519-532)
- Tzibazi, V. (2009), Museum Theatre: Children's reading of 'first person interpretation' in museums, IN, Ashton P. and Kean H. (eds.) People and their Pasts, Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, p.p. 163-182.
Peer-reviewed journal articles
- Tzibazi, V. (2013), Participatory Action Research with Young People in Museums, Museum Management and Curatorship, Vol. 28, (2), pp. 153-171.
- Tzibazi, V. (2012), Primary schoolchildren’s experiences of participatory theatre in a heritage site, Primary Education 3-13, (i-First) pp. 1-19.
- Tzibazi, V. (2011), Rethinking the learning partnership between museums and Initial Teacher Training, International Journal for Cross-Disciplinary Subjects in Education, Vol. 2, (2), pp. 407-413.
- Tzibazi, V., Jenkins M., Morley E., Phethean K. and Stockwell S. (2011), Becoming a teacher in Primary education: teacher identity and professionalism, Capture, Vol. 3, pp. 61-67.
- Tzibazi, V. (2008), Researching participatory museum theatre in Technology for Cultural Heritage. Management, Education, Communication. Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference, Dept. of Cultural Technology, University of the Aegean, Mytilene, 28 June-2 July 2004, Athens: Kaleidoskopio (p.p.703-711).
- Tzibazi, V. (2004, Researching the use of first person interpretation programs at the Museum of London, Journal for Education in Museums, Vol. 25, pp. 28-31.
Recent Conference presentations
Paper: 'Interpreting the gallery space via contact improvisation', 1st Biennale of Practical Philosophy (27-29 April 2018, University of The Aegean, Rhodes)Staff Directory