We have stunning living options for you to choose from – ranked 15th out of 116 universities by the Times Higher Education.

View content

Are you looking to rent your property, or a room in your house, to students? There are two options for this; please read through the information below and get in contact with us if you have any queries.

Winchester Student Landlord Forum

The Student Landlord Forum provides an advertising and advisory service to landlords who wish to rent their properties/rooms to students at University of Winchester.

The University would advertise your property through www.winchesterstudentpad.co.uk and your property advert would be visible to all students at the University, providing you with a high number of potential tenants.

The student tenants would deal directly with you, the landlord if they would like to view or rent the property from you. The landlord understands that the tenancy is between them and the students.

As a member of the Forum you are invited to Landlord Forum meetings twice a year. You are also able to contact Student Housing Services if you have any queries about your tenancy or are having any problems with your current tenants. Your student tenants will also be able to contact us for advice or if they are having a problem with their tenancy.

All properties on our Forum must meet specific requirements before we agree to advertise them. Landlords must supply copies of the following:

  • Gas Safety Certificate (from a Gas Safety Registered engineer)
  • Electrical Safety Certificate
  • HMO License (applicable to properties with 5 or more bedrooms).
  • Winchester City Council Accreditation Certification (mandatory for properties with fewer than 5 bedrooms)
  • Energy Performance Certificate

Student Housing Services organises advisory events for students prior to property adverts being visible on the website; landlords are invited and encouraged to attend these events.

For further information or to request an information pack please contact Student Housing Services (details on the right of this page)

University Managed House Scheme (UMH)

The UMH scheme was setup for landlords who require a more comprehensive service. By joining this scheme landlords are able to lease their properties to the University, who will then arrange for students to view the properties, carry out an inventory and undertake regular inspections to ensure that your properties are maintained in a reasonable condition. The University will collect the rent from the students and pay the landlord in regular instalments agreed at the commencement of the tenancy.

The scheme will allow the landlord to receive a regular income from the property without the need to be involved in time-consuming daily management of the property.

If you are interested in joining the scheme please contact Student Housing Services for an information pack housing@winchester.ac.uk

Registration fees

Landlord Forum Registration Fees:

  • Per property advert (up to 9 bedrooms) - £50.00
  • Per property advert (9 bedrooms +) - £115.00
  • 9 or more properties (one charge) - £400.00
  • Forum registration only £25.00

All charges are inclusive of V.A.T at 20%

Contact us 


Telephone: +44 (0)1962 827533


Your Accommodation includes...

  • unlimited, free WIFI
  • all bills covered 
  • 24 hour security
  • cleaning service for communal areas
  • bedroom furniture
  • en-suites in most rooms
  • bike lockers for hire
  • contents insurance
  • short walk to campus
  • close to city centre, shops, cafes, pubs, restaurants...
  • train station and bus stops nearby


+44 (0)1962 827533

The Student Accommodation Code Logo