The transition from school/college to University is an exciting time but one that might leave you full of questions. Our pre-arrival Peer Partner scheme is a quick and easy way for you to get answers to questions you may have before arriving here at Winchester. Whether you are going to be joining us as an undergraduate or a postgraduate student, commuting from home or living in University accommodation, from the UK or from overseas, this scheme is here to put you in touch with a current student who can help.
So, what next:
Once you have confirmed Winchester as your first choice and you think you might find it helpful to have a Peer Partner, please email Peerpartnering@winchester.ac.uk with your name, student number (if known) and the name of the course you are due to start. To help us link you up with the most appropriate Partner, the Peer Partner team will send you a very short questionnaire. Once this has been returned to us, you will be contacted by your new Peer Partner via their University email account.
All conversations you have with your Peer Partner up until Welcome Week will be via email so you must ensure that if you change your email address at any time, you let your Peer Partner know.
What can my Peer Partner help with?
- Finding out about services on campus
- Information about Winchester as a City and surrounding area
- Questions about your course (and when they are unable to do this pointing you in the direction of the person who can help)
- What it’s like being a student here at Winchester (including the different societies we have) What happens over Arrivals Weekend and Welcome Week (our first week at University)
- Jargon busting
What can’t my Peer Partner help with?
It is important to note that your Peer Partner is not able to provide information, advice and guidance on any legal (including Visa issues), financial or academic issues but they can and will point you in the direction of the right people to help you.
How long will this partnership last?
This partnership will last right up until the end of Welcome Week, during which there will be a time to meet your Peer Partners over food and refreshments. At this time, if you feel you would still like to have a Peer Partner then we will chat with you about how this can happen.
Undergraduate Welcome Pack
For all the information you need about register for your course, and for step-by-step instructions, download our Undergraduate Welcome Pack (coming soon).
Postgraduate Welcome Pack
For all the information you need about register for your course, and for step-by-step instructions, download our Postgraduate Welcome Pack (coming soon).
If you have any queries relating to your arrival here at Winchester, please get in touch. We are happy to help.
The arrivals helpline is now shut.
Please email email@example.com
New student registration - University of Winchester
Follow these simple steps to register:
- Use your username and password, which were sent in your offer and confirmation correspondence. If you can’t find these, please contact our IT services team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org (please state your seven-digit student number).
- Your term-time email address (either your new University housing address or, if this has not been allocated to you yet, your current home address)
- A suitable high-quality colour passport style photo showing your head and shoulders. No one else should appear in the frame.
If you have any questions, please do get in touch with your Faculty
ARTS Contact Information
BLS Contact Information
EHSC Contact Information
HSS Contact Information
Are you bringing a computer to University?
If so, we recommend that you configure your PC or Apple Mac before you arrive, ready for use with the wireless and/or student residence network. The following document provides further information.
To start scanning your computer point your internet browser to this web page http://scan.winchester.ac.uk and follow the guide from ’Download Agent’ on page 8.