Clearing: What do I need before I call?
Clearing can be a daunting process, but it’s so important not to panic and remember just how many students have come out of the other side having chosen a much better-suited university for them.
Maybe you're exploring new options, have only just decided to attend uni or didn't quite make your predicted grades, there is a few things you’ll need to prepare before you pick up the phone and call up your preferred universities directly.
If you have already applied through UCAS, you will need:
- your UCAS Personal ID
- your qualifications (if enquiring after results day)
- a pen and paper handy
- a print out of your personal statement
- a list of course or courses you’d like to study
- to have a few notes about the courses to show you’ve done your research
- to be prepared for an informal interview – think back to some of the questions you might have been asked in admissions interviews and have an idea what you’ll say if you are asked
Most universities will already have a Clearing Helpline set up before results day. If you’d like to have a chat with our Clearing Helpline team, call us on +44 (0)1962 827234 or book yourself on to a Clearing Advice day on Friday 17 August or Monday 20 August.Back to blog