Resources for advisers
Downloadable resources for students, teachers and careers advisers.View content
Keeping in Touch
Read our Summer Newsletter for schools and colleges.
To join our mailing list and keep up to date with University news plus our events and activities email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Guides and Leaflets
We have produced a series of publications which can be used with students or other professionals.
- We have a series of School Posters based on the following topics: Applying to University, Developing Resilience, Choosing a Course, Choosing a University, Work Experience and Volunteering, Personal Statement Planning.
- Use our Useful Website Guide if you are supporting a student to get started with researching Higher Education options
- Parents Guide is designed to help parents understand the university process.
- Personal Statement Worksheet can be completed by students to get them started with writing their personal statement. The leaflet Enhancing Your Personal Statement is for those who need to think about enhancing their statement beyond their studies.
- Applying with Vocational Qualifications
- If you are supporting students from the Channel Islands please take a look at our Channel Islands 2019 leaflet, it is designed to answer their questions about moving away from home to study at Winchester.
- Mature Student Guide is designed for students considering HE over the age of 21.
- For military service children we have a range of resources funded by the Ministry of Defence Directorate Children and Young People. They provide guidance for supporting service children. Information, worksheets, templates and practical advice on improving educational progression for children from military service families.
- There is a range of Degree Apprenticeship information and videos for use with students.
- To hear from our students, read the Student Life Magazine or explore our testimonial videos.
There are some great resources available to support teachers and advisers and also for students to use independenly. Please see some of those we think are most useful below;
UCAS has a range of tools but their Adviser Guide for entry to university or college is an operational guide for all teachers, advisers who help students apply to study in the UK.
Student Finance England have created a range of supporting materials to help you understand and explain and student finance to students & parents. There is also support for advisers in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. Contact the education authority if you work in the Channel Islands (Jersey and Guernsey) or Isle of Man.
Hear from our students - Watch the videos
Use the links below to hear first-hand what is great about studying at the University of Winchester
- Primary Education
- Animal Welfare and Society
- Business Management
- Events Management
- Liberal Arts
Head of Future Students
Future Students Officer
Schools & Colleges Senior Development Officers
Schools & Colleges Development Officer
Director of Widening Participation
Access and Outreach Coordinators