International Women's Day
International Women’s Day celebrates the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women.View content
The 2018 campaign theme is #PressforProgress and asks us all to take groundbreaking action that drives the greatest change for women.
At the University of Winchester, we are passionate about building a better world and we are driven by our values. We strive to ensure everybody has the opportunity to flourish and thrive – whoever they are and wherever they are from.
This International Women’s Day we are joining the call to #PressforProgress to motivate and unite friends, colleagues and whole communities to think, act and be gender inclusive. Please join us at one or more of the events we are organising on and around Thursday 8 March which include talks, conferences, and exhibitions.
The following events are open to the public:
- The Centre for Gender Studies Spring Symposium
- The Gaia affect: Doing theology in an age of ecological crisis
- Choices and Challenges in Media and Education: British Federation of Women Graduates and the University
- Open mic night for those who identify as women
- StormCloud Theatre
- International Women’s Day Art Exhibition
If you are a student or a member of staff at the University, you can find out more on the Intranet
Visit the International Women’s Day website
Join in the debate on social media using hashtags: #IWD2018 #PressforProgress
Join the #PressforProgress and make your pledge on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.