Our Open Days are a great opportunity to see our beautiful campus, take a tour of our stunning accommodation, and meet staff and students from the course you are looking to study. We'll have a number of opportunities for you to visit us throughout the year, so we look forward to welcoming you soon.Other Events
South Western Railway train ticket discount for Open Day attendees
Get 34% off your SWR train ticket cost if you are attending an Open Day. If you have a 16-25 Railcard, the discount is 40%
This is available to the student and any guests travelling with the student to the Open Day
To book your ticket, follow this link
Terms & Conditions:
- The SWR travel offer is only available for travel on SWR services to attend the University of Winchester. If travelling from or within a region of the country that is not part of the SWR network, you may need to purchase separate tickets to the chosen destination.
- Winchester Station must be selected as the destination to activate the discount.
- The origin of your journey must be within the SWR network – please note that Advance Purchase tickets are not available for some short-distance journeys.
- The scheme is only available for use with Advance Purchase tickets. These set times and dates of travel and are non-exchangeable and non-refundable.
- The SWR travel offer is available for the dates provided by Winchester university and 5 days either side of the given dates. This enables the traveller to extend their stay either side with the aim of experiencing Winchester City as well as the University of Winchester.
- The scheme is combinable with the 16–25 Railcard, which is also available to mature students.
- The booking link is unique to the University of Winchester cannot be used for destinations other than specified.
- How much is the discount?
Anyone using the link receives a 34% discount and this can be increase for anyone with a 16-25 railcard to 40%
- Do I recognise a discount fare?
It will have a red asterisk attached to the rate.
- I can’t see an available fare.
Either the tickets, which are subject to availability, are no longer available and have sold out or if you are regular user of SWR and its booking tool you can clear your cookies and try again. Updating your browser to the newest version can also sometime be required.
- Who is the offer available to?
Anyone who is travelling with the student.
- Can I use a railcard?
Only the 16-25 railcard is currently valid.
- Can I change or refund my ticket?
The promotion tickets are based on the Advance Purchase fare and are subject to the same conditions. They can be changed for a £10 admin fee but cannot be cancelled. Unless due to an incident that would mean you could not travel on the requested times – e.g. industrial action.
Refunds can be applied for here Delay Repay can be found here: https://www.southwesternrailway.com/contact-and-help/delay-repay Further questions about refunding or changing tickets can be found here: https://www.southwesternrailway.com/contact-and-help/changing-your-train-tickets
Can't Make It?
If you can't get to our next Open Day and visit us on person, why not explore our campus on our Virtual Campus Tour.Learn More