Prior to joining the University of Winchester, Cassie was a Lecturer in Psychology with a Neuroscience speciality at the University of Central Lancashire (2014-2019). Previously, she held Research Fellow posts at the University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia, Brighton and Sussex Medical School at the University of Sussex, Brighton, UK and an honorary Research Fellow position with Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust.
Cassie has a BSc (Hons) in Psychology, a MSc in Health Psychology and a PhD in Cognitive Neuroscience of Ageing (University of Southampton). She has also got a Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (University of Central Lancashire).
- Fairclough, S. J., Tyler, R., Dainty, J. R., Dumuid, D., Richardson, C., Shepstone, L., & Atkin, A. J. (2021). Cross-sectional associations between 24-hour activity behaviours and mental health indicators in children and adolescents: A compositional data analysis. Journal of Sports Sciences, 39, 1602-1614.
- Richardson, C., Anderson, M., Reid, C. L., & Fox, A. M. (2018). Development of inhibition and switching: a longitudinal study of the maturation of interference suppression and reversal processes during childhood. Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience, 34, 92-100.
- Marsh, J., Yang, J., Qualter, P., Richardson, C., Perham, N., Vachon, F., & Hughes, R. (2018). Post-Categorical Auditory Distraction in Serial Short-Term Memory: Insights from Increased Task Load and Task Type. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Learning, Memory, and Cognition, 43, 882-897.
- Elander, J., Richardson, C., Morris, J., Robinson, G., & Schofield, M. B. (2017). Motivational and behavioural models of change: A longitudinal analysis of change among men with chronic haemophilia-related joint pain. European Journal of Pain, 21, 13841396.
- Richardson, C., Atkins, S., Hurst, H. T., Quinn, M., & Sinclair, J. (2017). Executive function testing to assist identification of pitch-side concussion in elite rugby players. The Lancet, 389, 83-84.
- Atkins, S., Bentley, I., Hurst, H. T., Quinn, M., Richardson, C., & Sinclair, J. (2017). Profiling head accelerations using triaxial accelerometery during ‘bodies in front’ training play: a preliminary study of the sport of rugby league. British Journal of Sports Medicine, 51, 8-10.
- Gard, P. R., Fidalgo, S., Lotter, I., Richardson, C., Farina, N., Rusted, J., & Tabet, N. (2017). Changes of renin-angiotensin system-related aminopeptidases in early stage Alzheimer’s disease. Experimental Gerontology, 89, 1-7.
- Richardson, C., Rusted, J., & Tabet, N. (2015). The Action for Health with Exercise in Alzheimer’s Disease (AHEAD) Feasibility Study. Age and Ageing, 44 (suppl 2), ii23-ii24.
- Richardson, M., Hunt, T. E., & Richardson, C. (2014). Children's construction task performance and spatial ability: controlling task complexity and predicting mathematics performance. Perceptual Motor Skills, 119, 741-57.
- Richardson, C., Nilforooshan, R., Gard, P.R., Weaving, G., & Tabet, N. (2014). Impaired renal function and biomarkers of vascular disease in Alzheimer’s disease. Current Alzheimer Research, 11, 253-8.
- Richardson, C., Gard, P. R., Klugman, A., Isaac, M., & Tabet, N. (2013). Blood pro-inflammatory cytokines in Alzheimer’s disease in relation to the use of acetylcholinesterase inhibitors. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, 28, 1312-7.
- Nelson, L., Tabet, N., Richardson, C., & Gard, P. R. (2013). Antihypertensives, angiotensin, glucose and Alzheimer's disease. Expert Review of Neurotherapeutics, 13, 477-82.
- Cormack, F., Shipolini, A. R., Awad, W. I., Richardson, C., McCormack, D. J., Colleoni, L., Underwood, M., Baldeweg, T., & Hogan, A. M. (2012). A Meta-Analysis of Cognitive Outcome following Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery: Time for a New Consensus? Neuroscience & Biobehavioral Reviews, 36, 2118-29.
- Fox, A. M., Reid, C. L., Anderson, M., Richardson, C., & Bishop, D. V. M. (2012). Maturation of rapid auditory temporal processing and subsequent nonword repetition performance in children. Developmental Science, 15, 204-211.
- Richardson, C., Hogan, A. M., Bucks, R. S., Baya, A., Virues-Ortega, J., Holloway, J. W., Rose-Zerille, M., Palmer, L. J., Webster, R. J., Kirkham, F. J., & Baldeweg, T. (2011). Neurophysiological Evidence for Cognitive and Brain Functional Adaptation in Adolescents living at High Altitude. Clinical Neurophysiology, 122, 1726-1734.
- Richardson, C., Anderson, M., Reid, C. L., & Fox, A. M. (2011). Neural indicators of error processing and intraindividual variability in reaction time in 7 and 9 year-olds. Developmental Psychobiology, 53, 256-265.
- Richardson, C., Bucks, R. S., & Hogan, A. M. (2011). Effects of aging on habituation to novelty: an ERP study. International Journal of Psychophysiology, 79, 97-105.
Bottoms, L., Hobbs, S. J., Dillon, S., Taylor, P., Allan, R., Stainton, P., Richardson, C., & Sinclair J. Efficacy of Montmorency Tart Cherry Juice for the Treatment of Patellofemoral Pain in Recreational Athletes. American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Annual Meeting, 1st - 5th June 2021, Virtual Experience.
- Tyler, R., Richardson, C., & Fairclough S. J. The relationship between motor competence and core executive functions in typically developing school children. British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences (BASES) Conference, 19th - 20th November 2019, Leicester, UK.
- Richardson, C., Atkins, S., Hurst, H., Quinn, M., & Sinclair, J. Executive function tests as a tool to assist identification of pitch side concussion in elite rugby players. Spring Conference, Academy of Medical Sciences, 23rd February 2017, London, UK.
- Atkins, S. J., Bentley, I., Feeney, A., Hurst, H. T., Quinn, M. E., Richardson, C., Lupton, H., & Sinclair, J. K. Profiling head accelerations using triaxial accelerometery during opposed training: a preliminary study of the sport of rugby league. 5th International Consensus Conference on Concussion in Sport, 27th - 28th October 2016, Berlin, Germany.
- Hughes, R. W., Marsh, J. E., Richardson, C., & Barker, M. Motor determinants of verbal serial short-term memory: Convergent neural and behavioural evidence. International Conference on Memory, 17th 22nd July 2016, Budapest, Hungary.
- Richardson, C., Rusted, J., & Tabet, N. The Action for Health with Exercise in Alzheimer’s Disease (AHEAD) Feasibility Study. Spring Meeting, British Geriatrics Society, 29th April -1st May 2015, East Midlands Conference Centre, Nottingham, UK.
- Richardson, C., Critchley, H. D., Whitehouse, A. J. O., Anderson, M., & Tabet, N. Reduced hemispheric lateralization of cognitive processes in older adults quantified using functional transcranial Doppler sonography. Annual Scientific Meeting, British Association of Cognitive Neuroscience, 18th-19th April 2013, University of Nottingham, UK.
- Richardson, C., Anderson, M., Ly, T. T., Davis, E. A., & Jones, T. W. Electrophysiological assessment of cognitive functioning in type 1 diabetes mellitus. 16th Annual Conference of the Australian Psychological Society College of Clinical Neuropsychologists, 30th September-2nd October 2010, University of Notre Dame, Western Australia.
- Richardson, C., Hogan, A. M., Baya-Botti, A., Bucks, R. S., Virués-Ortega, J., Kirkham, F. J., & Baldeweg, T. Neurophysiological evidence for brain functional adaptation in adolescents living at high altitude. Annual Scientific Meeting, British Association of Cognitive Neuroscience, 29th-31st August, 2007, Dundee University, UK.
- Richardson, C., Bucks, R., & Hogan, A. M. Ageing, error detection and metamemory. Annual Scientific Meeting, British Association of Cognitive Neuroscience, 29th-31st August, 2007, Dundee University, UK.