I am a Chartered Psychologist specialising in leadership and organisational behaviour. Following a long and successful marketing career working in senior roles across a number of iconic household brands, I decided to retrain as an occupational psychologist in 2005. My decision was motivated by a genuine interest in the development and support of individuals and teams at work, as well as an affinity with research at all levels.
My PhD was funded by the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) and used constructivist methods to bring greater clarity and depth to an important, but contested, academic field by exploring managers implicit beliefs of authentic leadership, and the meaning and relational contribution of authentic behaviour at work.
- PhD Leadership and Organisational Behaviour (Reading)
- MSc Occupational and Organisational Psychology (Surrey)
- Higher Education Teaching Qualification: Higher Education Academy Fellowship (FHEA)
- Bradley-Cole, K. (2017). The transformational influence of authentic leadership on followers in early career relationships. In D. Cotter-Lockard (Ed.), Authentic leadership and followership: International perspectives. New York: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Denicolo, P., Long, T., & Bradley-Cole, K. (2016). Constructivist Approaches and Research Methods: A Practical Guide to Exploring Personal Meanings. London: Sage.
Articles and case studies
- Bradley-Cole, K. (2016). Learning a living discussion session on leadership. OP Matters, No. 30.
- Bradley-Cole, K. (2014). Utilising the repertory grid in organisational research: exploring managers’ implicit theories of authentic leadership. In Sage Cases in Methodology Series. Sage: London.
- (2007) Creation of the YPCD (Young Persons Career Decision) Scale for inclusion in a Surrey University project commissioned by the Department of Trade and Industry, led by Dr L. Millward.
- Bradley-Cole, K. (2016, January). New thinking on leadership and implications for practitioner occupational psychologists. Workshop conducted at the British Psychological Society's Division of Occupational Psychology Conference, Nottingham, UK.
- Elliott, E., & Bradley-Cole, K. (2016, January). The role of self, reciprocity and social identity in burnout. Poster presented at the British Psychological Society's Division of Occupational Psychology Conference, Nottingham, UK.
- Bradley-Cole, K. (2014, June). The Emperor's New Clothes. Re-dressing Authentic Leadership and why organisations should encourage a culture of 'candid friendship'. Paper presented at The Institute of Work Psychology Conference, Sheffield, UK.
- Bradley-Cole, K. (2014, January). Knowing You, Knowing Me; it's the best we can be. Paper presented at the British Psychological Society's Division of Occupational Psychology Conference, Brighton, UK.
- Bradley-Cole, K. (2013, January). What it means to me: exploring the role and value of authentic leadership for followers. Poster accepted at the British Psychological Society's Division of Occupational Psychology Conference, Chester, UK.
- Bradley-Cole, K. (2012, July). How will I know if I see the ‘real’ you? Poster presented at the SEDTC Conference, Guildford, UK.
- Bradley-Cole, K. (2012, June). Exploring managers experience and understanding of authentic leader: leader relationships. Poster presented at the Institute of Work Psychology Conference, Sheffield, UK.