Martyn Jones is a qualified Chartered Certified Accountant with over 30 years’ experience working as an accountant and teaching experience as a Senior Lecturer and as a researcher. He joined Winchester University Faculty of Business, Law and Sport in October 2011 as a Senior Lecturer in Accounting.
After graduating from the University of Warwick in 1983, Martyn worked as a graduate trainee accountant, a management accountant and as an external auditor. Martyn joined Bournemouth University in 1990 where he worked as a Senior Lecturer in Accounting until 2002. From 2007 to 2011 he was a Senior Lecturer in Accounting with the Business School at the University of Hertfordshire, which included spending two visiting semesters teaching at Fuzhou University in China on the combined University of Hertfordshire and Fuzhou University BA (Hons) Accounting & Finance programme. Martyn also worked within the private sector as a freelance accounting tutor from 2002 to 2007 and he was the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Assessor for Paper F8, Audit & Assurance, from 2006 to 2010.
Areas of expertise
- Management accounting
- Corporate governance
- Research methods in accounting and dissertation supervision
- Jones, M. (2015), Back to budgeting basics & male elephants – a review of the budgeting process within the hospitality sector in the aftermath of the financial crisis in the UK, HOSPA, The Overview, January 2015, pp 13-15
- Jones, M. (2013). Budgeting within the hospitality sector in the aftermath of the financial crisis – a summary of initial findings, HOSPA, The Overview, October 21st 2013
- Jones, M. (2010). ISA 330 and Responses to Assessed Risks. ACCA Student Accountant, April 2010
- Jones, M. (2009). Audit Risk. ACCA Student Accountant, November 2009
- Jones, M. (2009). ISA 240 (Redrafted) Auditors and Fraud – and the End of Watchdogs and Bloodhounds. ACCA Student Accountant, March 2009
- Weaver, L. & Jones, M. (2007). Assurance Services – Continue to be Rest Assured. ACCA Student Accountant, October 2007