Jane has many years of experience as a social worker and manager of a voluntary organisation and is a Senior Lecturer on the BSC Hons Social Work degree.
Jane is General Manager of a voluntary organisation which delivers mobile community development work to children and young people in Hampshire, with a particular focus of delivering services to the Gypsy Traveller community. She has provided social work placements for student social workers for over ten years and is also a practice educator.
Jane has experience in the management and strategic development of organisations in the voluntary sector. She has been a keynote speaker at conferences both regionally and nationally for twenty years specialising in working with Gypsies and Travellers. Jane has fundraised over £4,000,000 during the past fifteen years, which included bidding to a variety of funding organisations.
- Peacock, J., and Herbert, M. (2013) The Accommodation needs of Gypsies and Travellers & Travelling Show people in Hampshire – (commissioned by 11 Districts in Hampshire), HCC.
- Peacock, J. and Wilson, S. (2010) The mental health needs of Gypsies and Travellers in Hampshire for the University of Central Lancashire, commissioned by the DoH for the Delivering Race Equality agenda (informed the delivering race equality action plan for central government).
- Peacock, J. (2009) The health and Social Needs of Gypsies and Travellers in Hampshir e(Commissioned by GOSE as part of the Black Minority Action Plan for Hampshire central government).
- Peacock, J. (2008) A study of the perspectives of settled Gypsies and Travellers on whether health services meet their needs & if services are accessible (informed the New Forest District Health Authority and latterly the New Forest PCT on the health for all action plan).
- Peacock, J. (2006) A study to investigate the health and social needs of Gypsies and Travellers in the New Forest (commissioned by the NF PCT)
- (2010) Hampshire County Council Diversity Forum
- (2010) University of Winchester University Conference in social work practice teaching
- (2010) University of Winchester International Conference on community social work