The Department of Digital Technologies is an exciting department blending Computer Science, Cyber Security, Data Analytics, and Artificial Intelligence with Digital Media Design and Development, Computer Aided Design, 3D Printing, Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality and Mathematics. We have invested £50 million in state-of-the-art facilities which will include specialist labs for Cyber Security and Digital Forensics, Software Engineering and Enterprise Networking, as well as Digital Innovation, VR/AR and 3D Motion Capture.
The Department has a growing portfolio of Digital Media and Computer Science Related programmes on offer.
Our students have access to a wide range of specialist software and tools in order to gain necessary skills to develop innovative, and data-driven solutions to solve complex IT/Digital problems involved in the protection of data, systems and cyber security.
Students will have invaluable networking opportunities with industry professionals and opportunities to work on client-based projects to increase experience and develop dynamic online professional portfolios to showcase their achievements to future employers.
The Department also houses a range of Mathematics Programmes. The BSc (Hons) Mathematics and BSc (Hons) Mathematics and Finance programmes are accredited by the Institute of Mathematics and its Applications (IMA), providing students with the first stage of educational training necessary to gain the Chartered Mathematician Designation with the IMA.
The Department of Digital Technologies offers a variety of programmes in:
- Computer Science
- Cyber Security
- Data Science
- Digital Media
- Computer Systems
- Software Engineering
Meet the team
Head of Department
- Dr Claire Ancient, Senior Lecturer in Computer Science
- Dr Abdul Badwan, Lecturer in Innovation and Computer Science
- Sam Barker, Lecturer in Digital Media Development
- Rob Blofield, Lecturer in Digital Media
- Stephen Cross, Lecturer in Digital Media Development
- Prof. Tony Curtis, Professor of Knowledge Exchange
- Ian Lock, Lecturer in Digital Media
- Dr Rhys Lockley, Lecturer in Computer Science and Networks
- Dr Jing Lu, Senior Lecturer in Data Analytics
- Dr Debs Wilson, Senior Lecturer Digital Media (Design & Technology)
- Kerry Steele-Jones, Lecturer in Digital Media
- Dr Mamadou T. Bah, Senior Lecturer in Computational Methods and Mathematical Modelling
- Dr Jorge Bruno, Senior Lecturer in Mathematics
- Dr Richard Gunton, Lecturer in Statistics
- Dr Adriana Wilde, Senior Lecturer in Computer Science and Cyber Security
- Dr Paolo Pareti, Lecturer in Computer Science and AI
- Dr Pireh Pirzada, Lecturer
- Wioleta Kijewska, Lecturer in Mathematics
- Dr Tin Leelavimolsilp, Lecturer in Computer Networks and Cyber Security
- Jessica Lomas, Lecturer in Global Innovation